Operation Bicycle is a community bike shop run by staff, volunteers, and teens who provide sales, maintenance, and repair services for the general public. We also offer a variety of vocational programs to help teens develop valuable mechanical, small business, and customer service skills.
Operation Bicycle is open Tuesday through Saturday from 1:00-5:00 pm and located at 207 Nino Marco Square (right on Sonoma Highway). For more information on our programs or ways you can support Operation Bicycle, please email Adrian Palenchar or call (707) 343-7223 during business hours.
Our programs include:
Earn-a-Bike/Bike Mechanics Certification Class
This monthly hands-on class teaches teens how to refurbish their own bicycle or a donated bicycle—which they can then take home and call their own. All costs are covered for this program.
Bike Valets & Repairs
Operation Bicycle partners with the Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition and the City of Sonoma to provide bicycle valet and repair services every Tuesday from approximately 5-9 pm during the Valley of the Moon Farmer’s Market. This mutually beneficial program provides our teens with experience servicing bicycles while providing a safe place for market-goers to park them. Bicycle parking is free, but tips are graciously accepted to go towards employing our teen staff.
Operation Bicycle is open to teens who would like to drop in and learn about how to repair, service, and modify their bikes. Staff members provide guidance on everything from patching a flat to installing gas-powered motors.
We also offer the following services for the general public:
- Bicycle Repairs
- Used Bike Sales
- New & Used Parts Sales
- New & Used Accessories Sales
Do you have a biking enthusiast in your life? Get them a gift card for Operation Bicycle! Gift cards apply to services and parts and can be purchased in any amount.
How to Support Operation Bicycle
We appreciate your interest in supporting Operation Bicycle! If you would like to donate a bike or lightly used parts or accessories, please send us a photo and a brief description of the items you’d like to donate or give us a call. Other important things to note:
- We accept donations at our shop (207 Nino Marco Square) during business hours only. Please do not leave them outside.
- Due to space restrictions and resources, we cannot accept every donation. You can stop by with donations unannounced, but we may not be able to take them.
- Our goal is to provide reliable, safe bikes that last. This means we’re interested in bicycles in good shape and quality brands that were once sold at a bike shop (ex: Trek, Specialized, Cannondale, etc.).
- All donations and funding support are tax deductible.